Sina not what it used to be
Sina Weibo vs. WeChat
The future struggles
Another one bites the dust.
Sponsored posts for all
New Marketing tactics for Sina Weibo
What's a Weibo's Responsible User?
Under its new policy guideline, each user will start with 80 points (out of a maximum of 100) and can earn more points by participating in community-based activities such as games and discussions; they can also lose points for various breaches of conduct. If a user loses all of their points, their account will be suspended. Users will be eligible to have their account re-instated after a two-month period of "good behaviour".
In order to moderate the micro-blogging platform and ensure that users respect the new contract agreement, a new group called the "Community Committee" has been created. It consists of both regular Weibo users and expert members. Here is the relevant section of the contract agreement:
Article 13) Users have the right to publish information, but may not publish any information that:
1. Opposes the basic principles established by the constitution
2. Harms the unity, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of the nation
3. Reveals national secrets, endangers national security, or threatens the the honor or interests of the nation
4. Incites ethnic hatred or ethnic discrimination, undermines ethnic unity, or harms ethnic traditions and customs
5. Promotes evil teachings and superstitions
6. Spreads rumors, disrupts social order and destroys societal stability
7. Promotes illicit activity, gambling, violence or calls for the committing of crimes
8. Calls for disruption of social order through illegal gatherings, formation of organizations, protests, demonstrations, mass gatherings and assemblies
9. Has other content which is forbidden by laws, administrative regulations and national regulations
Article 14) Users may not publish untrue information. For information about what untrue information is, please see “Sina Weibo Community Management Regulations (Trial Phase).”
In addition, Sina Weibo has also added a new verification system which requires each user to register an account using their real name.