Baidu SEO Audit Tool
Today I am writing about Baidu SEO audit tool available in Baidu Zhanzhang, the Chinese search engine’s equivalent of Google Webmaster Tools.
The service is currently in a beta version and isn't available to everyone.
The tool checks and grades your website on a scale of 0-100 according to several factors, namely:
- The length of your URLs. Keep them short! According to Baidu, the length of your URLs should not exceed 255 bytes.
- The use of dynamic parameters. Check your URL parameters to avoid creating several URLs which access the same page, and therefore avoid having duplicate content issues.
- Your Meta data. If you do not include or use generic terms in Title and Meta Description, you could negatively affect your display and rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Your frame information. Baidu recommends you not to use any iframe on your website.
- Your flash. As you know, search engines cannot read everything contained in flash animations. However you can write text descriptions to help Baidu better understand the content of your flash animation.
- Your images. The use of “alt” tag helps Baidu better index your website’s images.
Well, this is not very detailed SEO information but Baidu makes a good step in providing users with support. If you want to read more, you can have a look at our previous articles on how to do Baidu SEO.